1. What is IDX?
IDX stands for Internet Data Exchange. IDX is a cooperative service offered by Realcomp through which participating brokers (i.e., Designated REALTORS®/Broker Owners) consent to the display of their on-market listings on the websites of other brokers and agents.
2. How can Realcomp subscribing Brokers and Agents make IDX listings and searches for those listings available on their websites?
Through either of the following services:
1) Pre-Made (iFrame) IDX Search Link in RCO3® or
2) raw data available via Realcomp's RETS server by completing the appropriate IDX Contract.
3. How can non-subscribing Brokers and Agents make Realcomp IDX listings and searches for those listings available on their websites?
IDX is a service that Realcomp offers to brokers and agents who are full subscribers to Realcomp’s services only. To display IDX data from Realcomp brokers and agents please contact your Board about subscribing to Realcomp.
4. What is the difference between the Pre-Made (iFrame) Search and the IDX raw data?
Both the Pre-Made and raw data options contain all the same listings.
The Pre-Made IDX Search allows you to place an existent IDX-compliant search onto your website by simply embedding an iFrame code into your website page.
Raw data access is provided to IDX Consultants via RETS through a data access account created by Realcomp. IDX Consultants then custom program the IDX search, in compliance with Realcomp’s MLS Rules and Regulations, for website display.
5. How do brokers include their brokerage’s listings in IDX?
Realcomp Designated REALTORS®/Office brokers may add their firm’s listings to the IDX data through Realcomp’s Listing Distribution settings. The default setting for this service is set to "opt-out", however, this setting can be changed to "opt-in" at any time.
The Designated REALTOR®/Office Broker can click here to view/modify the Listing Distribution settings for the office.
6. How is data obtained through Realcomp's RETS server?
First please read Realcomp's IDX Rules and Regulations, then complete and submit the appropriate Realcomp IDX Contract to apply for RETS IDX Display Approval:
The contract’s IDX Consultant form (pages 9 & 10) must be completed and signed by the person/company who will be downloading and programming with Realcomp's raw IDX data, even if this person is the requesting agent or office broker. Only the IDX Consultant will be provided with account credentials to then download data updates from the RETS server for the purpose of creating and updating your IDX display(s).
7. Where do I find the IDX data layouts?
Data layouts are available via the RETS metadata. General RETS resources and information are available on our >Real Estate Transaction Standard (RETS) page.
For information regarding IDX including rules, fields, display requirements, the IDX contracts, and IDX technical announcements please visit our IDX Service page.
8. Where can I find someone to host my website?
Click here to view Realcomp’s Technology Partner web hosting companies.
Realcomp guarantees that our IDX Department will respond back to IDX/VOW feed requests within 1 business day.
For consistency and tracking purposes all IDX, data feed, and compliance communications must be conducted via email. Our IDX and Data Compliance Specialist, Sarah Smith, and her back ups can be reached by email at IDXSupport@realcomp.com.